The Data Analyst will be responsible for leveraging our data to help solve business challenges, add efficiencies to our operations, and develop analyses to expose growth opportunities. You will be a chief point of contact for complex analysis projects which you will own from start to finish. This role works directly with the business, understanding what needs to be asked and the best way to provide information and define business metrics. You are responsible for the full development cycle from evaluating design, building functionalities and visualizations, UAT, and QA on the final deliverables. You will also help support existing reporting through checks, updates, and routine maintenance.
- Understand business needs across multiple tiers (e.g., executive, operations and logistics, business strategy, and program management)
- Build deep knowledge of relevant internal and external data repositories
- Translate data into meaningful and insightful information for business users via appropriate tools
- Work collaboratively with engineering, operations, finance, program management, product, marketing, and other departments to help answer questions and define KPIs
- With access to warehouses of business operations, performance, financial, and geospatial data, this role will work with the rest of the Data team to develop descriptive reporting, as well as visualize data, automate associated processes, and apply predictive techniques
- Analyze business requirements and work with client areas to produce functional specifications for use as reference in the creation of the reporting and analytical solutions.
- Develop and maintain relationships with users to identify and develop additional analytic and reporting capabilities
- Use data and programming skills to transform and manipulate data sources as needed.
- Perform and document data analysis, data validation, and data mapping/design.
- Build models to be predictive of aspects of the business in areas related to financial performance, seasonal changes, and how buses operate
- Participate in QA testing, liaising with other project team members and being responsive to client’s needs, all with an eye for detail in a fast-paced environment
- Understand stakeholder needs and translate them; understand what customers are asking for, where to find data and deliver it in a consumable way
- Work with sometimes unstructured or inconsistent data and understand how it is generated.
- Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or Information Systems, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years previous experience serving on an Analytics team
- 2+ years of experience writing complex SQL queries
- Proficient in Python and Data Analysis
- Ability to sometimes work without clear direction in times of uncertainty and ambiguity
- Understanding of data extraction mechanisms, data warehousing, and ETL concepts
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills in data-related projects
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with all project stakeholders, including executive leadership, business subject area leaders, and project staff
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau, Looker, Mode, or Power BI.
To apply for this job please visit canada-english-buspatrol.icims.com.