Junior Data Analyst
Job Purpose and Impact
The JuniorData Analystwill assist in the application of new models and globally integrated perspectives to generate strategic insights that will promote the company’s competitive position and ultimately grow trading earnings. In this role, you will be a consumer of data working across product lines and assist in the evaluation of new data sets and new sources of data and participate in the design and implementation of basic application programming interfaces and data access queries by providing requirements for models or visualizations.
- Deploy a basic understanding of the trading questions that data can help to solve.
- Validate quality and coverage of datasets while helping to prioritize and implement well defined data and analytical tool development efforts based on trading opportunity.
- Collaborate across regional and global teams to ensure we capture, centralize and use the most valuable data for analysis in a systematic, repeatable and accurate manner with oversite from supervisor and higher level analysts.
- Partner with and support other data analysts to validate quality and coverage of datasets.
- Assist to define and design scalable and integrated data systems and processes, and focus on continuous improvement of analytical methods and tools with oversite from supervisor and higher level team members.
- Handle basic issues and problems under direct supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related fieldor higher in MIS
- Ability to understand business requirements and serve as a consultant to internal teams
- Knowledge of agricultural trading business and an understanding of the information that adds value to trading
- Experience with and understanding of relational and distributed data systems
- Experience using data visualization applications to develop and deploy insights and reporting
- Other minimum qualifications may apply
- Minimum of two years of experience with data or data warehousing systems
- Post Graduate degree in Analytics/Agriculture/Trading
- Ability to develop SQL or Impala queries
- Familiarity with scientific programming languages such as R, Python or C++, Java
- Ability to synthesize data and process projects into clear, actionable plans
- Experience using Tableau or Power BI to develop and deploy insights / reporting.
- Ability to develop queries using multiple programming languages
- Business Analyst experience
- Familiarity with using Oracle relational databases and/or Hadoop distributed file storage
To apply for this job please visit careers.cargill.com.