Data Science and AI Engineer
About the Team
As part of the Customer experience and Solutions (CXS) team, we are based at SAP Labs India, Bangalore, dedicated to the research and development of Software as a Service in the domain of Application Lifecycle Management. SAP Cloud ALM, an offering for cloud-centric customers, provides extensive implementation and operations capabilities for cloud solutions. SAP Focused Run, designed for businesses requiring high-volume system and application monitoring, alerting, and analytics is often hosted by a service provider, on-premise, or in a private cloud. For both these umbrella services, we embed functionalities that leverage insights from Data, using various statistical techniques, including Machine Learning.
We use Python as the core programming language, Kubernetes based Data lake for all ML-Ops, HANA procedures, and so on as backend technologies, and in the front end, we utilize SAP Ui5. A large part of the data is often in the form of Time series and application telemetry. This offers us the opportunity to work on a wide variety of topics such as
• Anomaly detection
• Predictions of potential outages and other failures
• Single and Multivariate forecasts
• Scheduling recommendations
• Intelligent correlations of alerts or events or messages
• Alert root cause detection
• Threshold-less alerting and so on.
We are looking for a Data Science Engineer who would collaborate, develop, and implement a variety of use cases by making impactful and effective analyses of Data, applying appropriate Statistical techniques including Machine Learning.
The responsibilities would include studying the data generated by various of our tools and applications, automating data ingestion, researching on existing literature, implementation of model training, testing, serving, creating prototypes, monitoring of ML Data pipelines, and so on, all the while collaborating with other Data scientists of the team and stakeholders such as the Product Owners.
- Total of 3 to 7 years of relevant industry experience, including recent 2 years with hands-on experience on Data Science-based projects or products.
- B.E. / B.Tech. or M.Tech. in Computer Science / Engineering with credits in Mathematics and Statistics.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills, with proven records of achievements.
- Implementation experiences and deep knowledge of at least one among Time Series Analysis (preferred though not mandatory), Classification, Reinforcement Learning, Deep Learning.
- Hands-on experience with Python (mandatory).
- Experience with Pandas, Keras, TensorFlow, and various Data mining and Data visualization tools.
- Familiarity with MLOps principles and relevant tools would have added an advantage.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.sap.com.