Business Analyst II
You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
Global Merchant and Network Services (GMNS) is the merchant acquirer, processor and marketing partner for the millions of merchants around the world who accept American Express Cards.
The Strategy, Planning & Development (SP&D) Analyst role is an integral part of the Global Strategy & Capabilities (GS&C) SP&D team that supports the performance and analysis for the GMNS business across the Asia Pacific (APAC) region and is critical in supporting GMNS business needs through the development of data analysis, accurate tracking of results and implementation of process efficiencies.
This analyst collects, organizes, tracks and manipulates data for use in development of forecasts and other statistical measurements. Has a strong analytical and process-oriented mindset, feels comfortable collaborating with internal customers, and demonstrates thought leadership and professionalism while performing job responsibilities.
• Partner with SP&D Manager in providing key insights to business performance and oversee all reporting and analytical requirements to stakeholders.
• Manage monthly production of YTD results to regional markets and senior leadership.
• Perform Quality Checks of BAU Reports produced by our supporting partner team in India (SABE), ensuring 100% data accuracy.
• Support the annual Planning Process which includes forecasting, target setting and management of incentive programs
• Identify opportunities to enrich existing reports, streamline processes, and produce new content/analytics, in partnership with global and regional stakeholders.
• Lead the streamlining and enhancing of reporting/metrics as required.
• Support the infrastructure projects related to Tableau.
• Provide support in absence of SP&D Manager.
• Fulfil ad-hoc requests, with high quality and timely response.
- An individual who is passionate, flexible, and has a positive attitude.
- Able to effectively adapt under changing conditions and prioritize initiatives in a fast-paced complex environment.
- Highly organized and detail oriented with an ability to multi-task.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to interpret data and understand complex processes with the goal to provide meaningful insights to inform business strategy.
- Clear and concise with written and verbal communication.
- An undergraduate degree; MBA or similar advanced degree preferred
- Programming expertise using SAS, Python and/or Hive; advanced Microsoft Excel skills essential; Cornerstone knowledge preferred.
- Tableau dashboard development experience.
To apply for this job please visit aexp.eightfold.ai.