Model Validation Consultant
About the Role:
As Business Analytic Consultant 2 you will be responsible for the quality, and completion of model validation to support business activities in areas of market risk , including Stress Testing (DFAST/CCAR) and Resolution Planning as applicable.
- Execute the Validation processes for his/her area of specialty in accordance to applicable Policies, in particular:
- Ensure credible challenge of models through validation process.
- Evaluate all relevant components of models and assess model soundness across lifecycle as applicable
- Identify areas of weakness and work with Model Owners, CFMO, and other key stakeholders to ensure risk commensurate remediation,
- Ensure timely validation delivery
- Establish reporting and escalation protocols of review results and follow up on identified issues/observations.
- Continually work to improve consistency and quality of independent model validation
- Ensure all models within scope are independently validated per expected standards and schedule.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with LOB Model Governance, Model Owners, Model Program team members, and CFMOs across Wells Fargo.
- Understand model risk supervisory guidance, Model Risk Management Policy, and current industry best-practice
Market Skills and Certifications
- 2+ years of capital markets experience, desk analyst experience, counterparty risk, valuation of financial instruments, forecasting of OTTI, OCI or a combination of these
- Degree in statistics, math, engineering, physics, accounting, finance, economics, econometrics, computer sciences, or business/social and behavioral sciences with a quantitative emphasis preferred
- Experience in valuation if financial instruments including structured products
- Understanding of components of Counter Party risk measurement of financial instruments
- Strong understanding of financial markets and products; reporting of model use and performance
- Strong understanding of forecasting process and methodology for OTTI, OCI and PPNR or combination of these
- Knowledge of CCAR/MCST assumptions and evaluate methodology to forecast risk drivers for different asset classes
- Knowledge/experience with Basel RWA methodologies.
- Proficiency managing databases, spreadsheets and programming (understanding code and coding)
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience in producing work of highest quality within tight timelines, as well as creating, maintaining and supporting processes subject to intense regulatory scrutiny.
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Excellent communication skills and experience in building and maintaining partnerships, collaborating across lines of business as well as with corporate partners
To apply for this job please visit www.wellsfargojobs.com.